Authentication integrations allow your learners to access Voxy on web and mobile without having to create a new username or password. This can make it easier and more secure for your learners to log into Voxy. Depending on your existing IT configurations, an authentication integration may help to ensure the security of your learners’ information and make it easier for them to start studying right away.
What authentication protocols can Voxy support?
Voxy provides several options for authentication protocols. Read on to see which one is right for you. Each option has different requirements and steps in its process.
If you are an existing customer, please contact your CSM to receive the documentation. Otherwise, please contact your Sales Rep.
- Default Voxy Authentication. If you want to get started quickly and you don’t need to integrate with existing systems, Voxy’s Default Authentication should meet your needs. This method uses OAuth2’s OpenID Connect (OIDC) protocols to ensure security and quality. Voxy’s password reset functionality only applies to this default authentication method.
- OIDC or SAML 2.0. If your organization already manages user identity and credentials with OIDC or SAML 2.0 protocols and you want learners to be able to access Voxy directly from your company intranet or Learning Management System (LMS), these authentication integrations should provide a quick and secure way to get started.
- Social authentication with Google and/or Facebook. You can choose to turn on social authentication in conjunction with any of the authentication methods above. Please note that at this time, the user email associated with a user’s Voxy account must match their social media login exactly. As such, this is generally not recommended for learners using corporate email accounts.
- Voxy Partner API token authentication. Organizations with their own proprietary user management systems and full development teams may want to implement a token-based authentication system, but this requires extra effort.
- LTI 1.1. If your learners use an LMS like Canvas, it may be easiest for them to get started with LTI. Please note that this integration supports user authentication only. It does not currently support other LTI features like content sharing or reporting.
Additionally, organizations can deep link to many parts of the Voxy web and mobile apps, meaning a link can lead them directly to certain pages within the platform. If you want to learn more about the supported deep links, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your CSM directly.